Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We could be heroes



Now every Rangers fan expected Chris Kreider to score in Game 5 after Al Trautwig interviewed him before the 3rd period. But unfortunately that didn't happen and Ottawa went on to win 2-0. To be honest I was kinda dreading Game 6, especially after the Sens took a 1st period lead, but maybe #20 needed a little extra time to let the interview mojo work, because he scored the GWG in a 3-2 win. Yay Rangers. I have a friend who shouts "Rangers in 7" at me pretty much all year and I'm always thinking, "No, Rangers in 4 or 5 is fine by me." This time though I completely concur. RANGERS in 7! Hopefully Kreider will have even more GWG this postseason.


Every Rangers fan also know we'd be nowhere without our All-Star superstar goaltender Henrik Lundqvist and today his incredible stats and superbly consistent efforts have been acknowledged by the league with a Vezina trophy nomination, his fourth, and hopefully this time hell take home the hardware. Henrik most certainly deserves it!

It's been a difficult series, but something I heard tickled me yesterday during the Panthers/Devils game. Chico is an unrepentant homer, but sometimes it's so enjoyably ridiculous. So last night Chico summed up the disastrous 2nd period in which the Devs coughed up a two goal lead (game 4 anyone?) by commenting, "Actually, the Devils played really well between the two goals Florida scored." Would have loved to see him call for the Penguins this round!

No comments: