Thursday, April 8, 2010

Saving the best for last?

Well our heroes were bound to lose at least one of the last four and perhaps they picked the right one. The prospect of beating Buffalo in their last home game of the season seemed a little daunting. Add to that the possibility of clinching the northeast division and the loss was written in stone. Plus Cyclops must have used some Visine during the first intermission because he was seeing everything in the 2nd & 3rd.

But my boys came back strong last night and took care of Toronto and I mean that in a molester kinda way, routing the foliage 5-1. Shy and pale Christensen potted two. Hopefully he's isn't sidelined the next two games, because I like how quiet an effective he is. I also hope we keep him around next season, if only to spare him from excessive introspection. Prospal scored too and in a show of true selflessness said he's hell bent on the post-season, tanning be damned. Ok, he didn't really say that, but his eyes did. I want to keep him too. And of course our Henrik bounced back from his premature benching like a pro. I hope he's got two more stellar games in him this week. I believe he does. Here's to shutting down the Flyers, although I'm gonna really miss Avery in these two contests. I could swear last matchup he asked Hartnell last if Carter thinks of Scottie when he's pulling his wife's hair. Comedy gold, that guy.

No comments: