Tuesday, November 3, 2009

winning the hard way

When we're playing Boston, chances are good that one team is gonna emerge with a 1-0 win. We've been on the losing side of that a few times and it feels miserable, so I'm so happy the Rangers pulled through Sunday afternoon. Henrik pocketed his 150 win and his 21st shutout. Of course I was immediately calculating how many season he would have to play to break Brodeur's records. Even if Henrik gets nowhere near those numbers I'm so proud of him. I'm really hoping he breaks 40 wins this season even with an Olympic-shortened number of starts.

Also I'm loving this Gaborik guy. I agree we should be able to win without him, but who wants to? I know I have the glow when I talk about his goals, but it feels so new. We just haven't had that type of scorer (save for Jagr 05-06) in years. As much as I admire Ovie, I like having my own sniper much better. And I love Gabby's little baby face. Hopefully he's jumpstarted our offense back up because I would like to return from Canada with at least 4 points. First up the Luongo-less Canucks - let's make it 2 in a row.

No comments: