Tuesday, May 15, 2012

more than half way there

I couldn't have scripted a better Game 1 of the Eastern conference finals. Well 7-0 wouldn't have been bad either, but I firmly believe in saving some goals for when you really need them -like in the 3rd period of a scoreless game. Girardi (isn't the Broadway hat looking a little spiffier these days?), my boy Chris Kreider made Marty properly suck it and Anisimov sealed it with an empty netter. Henrik earned his 2nd shutout of the playoffs and while he may never reach Brodeur's record, each one is so special. Let's try to not depend on that tomorrow night. I would love to go into NJ having backed up home ice with another win.
We're 9 wins deep already! 7 more to go, but I'll take the next three first. Let's go Rangers!

PS. Dancing Larry got some national coverage (congrats) on NHL tonight Monday, although Kevin Weekes called him something else. As a former Ranger shouldn't he know better?

No comments: