Saturday, May 5, 2012

just in time

So I thought I might miss Wednesday night's Game 3, dooming my Rangers to another loss. didn't make it home until 11pm and having avoided the score was nervous about the potential bad news. Turns out game wasn't nearly over just heading into 2OT.  Just took me a little while to get my mojo working and some terrific saves from both Holtby and Henrik, but Gaborik finally tucked the puck in the net (the right one) at 12:15. So relieved and excited. Woke the neighbors with cheering and clapping. Would love an easier afternoon, but really whatever it takes, I've got all day. Let's Go Rangers!

The reason I missed the majority of the game? A last minute effort to meet Benedict Cumberbatch. I should have known the Rangers were destined to win because I was incredibly lucky all night. Got one of the last standby seats to the PBS Sherlock event, was one of the honored few who got to meet Sherlock himself - plus a couple of great fans, Katie and Chris, who adopted me for the night. Please check out Sherlock series two on Masterpiece Mystery tomorrow night. It's terrific. And Benedict is a complete delight on and off the screen.

No comments: