Thursday, September 30, 2010

my stick is in the air

I'm loving this team already! Just got my tix for the season and maybe I'm looking through the rose-colored glasses that come free with 3 pre-season wins, but I've got hopes for 2010-11. First off I don't know why I was hankering after all the World Junior players when we already have Derek Stepan. I love this kid. Plus he's been playing terrific. As has Sean Avery. Thank you #16, because I was tied up thinking there wouldn't be a spot for my favorite horn-rimmed blueshirt. The only drawback to this training camp has been the unfortunate demotion of the Hobbit, Mats Zuccarello-Aasen. Turns out he jinxed himself by dropping the awesome from his name. Even so I was all ready to buy my #36 Frodo jersey, but I don't own any Wolfpack jerseys and I'm not about to start now. Maybe he'll be called up and he had better be sporting a hyphen when he does. Now it's just a matter of finalizing that fourth line, then the cup is ours! C'mon, you gotta want it to win it.

With one day to go I have to say September has been very good to me and I can only hope October will be as memorable. Sure the US Open could have gone a bit better, but I had a very fun and fulfilling trip home, plus I had the great pleasure of meeting actor Andrew Garfield, star of this week's The Social Network (he's the one in argyle!). I feel a little in love with him in the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus because he was so sweet, funny and heartsick, and he's even better in person: enthusiastic, generous and a complete delight. Go see his movies. Plus he's gonna be the new Peter Parker. Watch out Avery, there's a new bespecticalled man on the loose.

No comments: