Friday, March 20, 2009

breaking records

Henrik has reached 30 wins in his first 4 seasons, the only goalie to do so. Congrats Henrik (eat that Brodeur!) Now he has 32 this season and counting. I would love for him to crack 40 wins but it will be a tough push to nail down 8 of the last 11. I think we can do it though, especially with the "never die" attitude that got them 2 points against Montreal Tuesday. Now I'd like to see the Rangers build on a lead. Perhaps Sunday and Tuesday when I'll be among the Garden faithful? Hands rubbed raw - that's what I want. Tortorella also notched his place in the history books this week when he surpassed that bitch Laviolette as the winningest American coach in the NHL. Congrats Torts. May the wins keep coming and perhaps you'll even be named the Olympic coach. Suck it Laviolette!

I think Brodeur might have accomplished something this week too -maybe giving a speech without congratulating himself on being so awesome? No couldn't be. I'd rather focus on another non-Ranger milestone. Last night Alexander Ovechkin scored 50 goals for the third time in his 4 season career and celebrated with an on-ice mime routine of his stick being too hot to handle. Dorky and wonderful. It's even better that it wasn't his home Arena. Suck it Tampa Bay! I think Ovechkin the Peep may need a separate Hendrix style photo shoot to commemorate the occasion!

No comments: