Sunday, April 1, 2007

the restless heart, the promised land

I'm feeling good about the playoffs. We aren't in, but we're really close now, and I'm loving it.

Tonight I took photos (not this one). I'm not sure why it took me 21 games to realize this was a good idea, but I tried to make up for it by taking 47 pictures. I'm fairly certain 44 of them were of Matt Cullen. Oh, that's sad. But true. And so so right. When I remember what the bleep I did with the USB cable, I'll post them. And you'll like it.

Tonight's win was due in part to music, I'm sure of it. As we walked in, they played "The Bucket" by Kings of Leon. A song I love, yes, but also notable because I've been singing their new song, "On Call," incessantly. She said, 'Call me up, baby, and I'll come a-runnin'. What a dream. Then they played "Read My Mind" and also "Not the Sun" between the 1st and 2nd periods. I had to leave my regular blog to talk about hockey. Now I'm talking about music on the hockey blog. It can't be helped, so get into it.

Favorite misheard moment in a long long time:
Al Trautwig to Jed Ortmeyer: Hockey is cool. Congratulations.

PS Sean Avery is glorious. He scores goals, he knocks one of my top five (three?) most hated players of all time on the ice, he fills my heart with love.

No comments: