Saturday, June 14, 2008

please be kidding

As if it's not bad enough that the majority of nationally telecast hockey games get relegated to Versus, that channel can't even manage to air the NHL awards properly. I know only 20 people probably watch it in the US, but you'd think it wouldn't take 3 tries to find the right Canadian satellite feed! It wasn't until the program actually came on that I remembered how horrible it is. I haven't reserved any brain space to recall who the host is, but he's woefully unfunny. At least Mike Babcock and Ovechkin were there to add their sweet smiles to the proceedings, especially as the fucking thing cut off just as they're about to present the Vezina trophy. The one opportunity to glimpse my Henrik (enough of Zetterberg in the front row!) ruined. Maybe it's better though because that bitch Brodeur won his 4th trophy and his speech was pure asshole. Check it out:



I should have known that the best footage would be on MSG (it's the first clip). Thank you John Giannone. Did you notice Henrik looks a touch puffier than he did in the playoffs? I'm glad even he put on some post-season pounds. I don't think Avery will be calling him fatso anytime soon, but it looks like he tried that pastry and ice cream diet I was working on through May to numb his disappointment.

I cannot wait until Avery wins the Stanley Cup (with the Rangers of course) and gets to parade around with it at NHL awards. Please be next year, please!

No comments: